Famlies Babies Weddings Singles Couples Groups Seniors

3 Different reflections on examples of true worshipers.

  • Friday, February 12, 2010
  • Tracey Honess
  • Labels:
  • As a servant girl in the palace of the king I saw many things growing up, and came in contact with many different people. But one that I will never be able to forget is a woman who worshipped God beyond her circumstances. Ester trusted God in the midst of an unseen future. Never did she allow doubt and fear to overcome her but in everything she did, she relied on God. I remember when she would walk into the room that the atmosphere brightened. She carried a spirit of hope and it became contagious. When I looked at her life, I saw the example of a true worshipper.

    I saw the example of a true worshipper, that day beneath the cross in the midst of sorrow and despair I saw not only a mother grieving over the loss of her son but a woman of God worshipping through the pain. As I clung to Mary and I felt each breathe that she took I could feel the agony inside of her as she let go of a piece of her heart. I knew that day that true worship cost something.

    I knew that day that true worship cost something, when I witnessed an act of humble admiration. I couldn’t believe my eyes when Mary poured the oil upon Jesus’ feet. In doing this she unveiled her whole heart for the room to see. In her mind there was only one man in that room and she was determined to express the extent of her worship. As she washed his feet with her hair, the tears became to flow down her face. These were not tears of sorrow but tears of worship. It was then I realized that worship was more than a song, it’s about giving your life.