Famlies Babies Weddings Singles Couples Groups Seniors

The day of my birth!

  • Friday, April 16, 2010
  • Tracey Honess
  • Labels:
  • (I posted a baby picture of me and my Dad when I was only a couple months old.)
    So, today is my birthday....my students think I'm still a teenager. I'll let them keep thinking that, lol. Although, my teen years are long behind me. When my Mama called me this morning she wished me "Happy Birthday" and then told me about the day I was born. I'm not sure that I ever remember hearing this story, not that it's anything extravagant. It does, however, show a side of my Mama that I love. She is a very laid back individual that doesn't let much in life "ruffle her feathers" or send her into panic mode. April 16, 1984 around 9:30 she was a work talking to another employee in the hallway when her water broke. She calmly ended the conversation and walked out to the receptionist and said, "Hey, I'm gonna head home cause I think I'm gonna have a baby today." She proceeds to go home and take a shower, change her clothes and pack and few things. Then she calls my Dad at work about 12:30 and asks him to come home and take her to the hospital. So after a bit they head to the hospital and around 6:00....here I come. :) It's amazing to look back over the past 26 years (well, the ones that I can remember) and simply be amazing at God's goodness and faithfulness over my life. In every season He has been there. I am blessed!